- 17 Home Remedies for Diaper Rash
If baby's not happy, you're not happy. Learn how to prevent and reduce the discomfort of diaper rash using safe, gentle home remedies. Find out how to keep baby's bottom healthy and free from irritation.
- 17 Home Remedies for Teething
Drooling. Gum inflammation. Irritation. Fussiness. Anyone who has cared for a baby knows very well the symptoms of teething. Learn these home remedies to ease the pain caused by teething in this article.
- 20 Home Remedies for Morning Sickness
Many women experience morning sickness, the nausea and vomiting common in early pregnancy. Luckily, relief is available in the form of home remedies. Learn when and what to eat, and other ways to alleviate symptoms.
- 21 Home Remedies for Breast-Feeding Discomfort
Breast-feeding may pose some initial obstacles for new mothers. To prevent discomfort from turning you off to breast-feeding, keep in mind that breast-feeding is a learned skill. Learn 21 home remedies for breast-feeding discomfort.
- How to Exercise During Pregnancy
Learn the basic guidelines for safe, effective exercise during pregnancy from a medical doctor. Find out how to build the strength and endurance necessary for a healthy labor and delivery.
- How to Prepare for Childbirth
iving birth is a monumental task. Where will you decide to deliver your baby? What types of healthcare professionals do you prefer? This article provides in-depth information on birthing methods, doctors, midwives and childbirth classes, to name a few.
- Pregnancy Nutrition Guidelines
Your diet is very important during pregnancy. The baby's health depends on your gaining the right amount of weight, eating nutritional foods and avoiding drugs that will harm the child. Read about pregnancy nutrition guidelines.
- How To Calculate Your Pregnancy Due Date
Once your pregnancy has been confirmed, what you most want to know is your due date. The average length of a pregnancy is 40 weeks from the first day of the last normal menstrual period. Here's an example of how it works.
- Pregnancy Exercises
Exercises that you do during pregnancy don't have to be substantially different from the exercise you normally do to maintain and improve your fitness. But there are some general guidelines for exercise during pregnancy, as well as some helpful tips...
If you are a subscriber to the LibGuides product and would like to add this guide to your own LibGuides system - here are instructions on how to do that. Feel free to use the guides as a whole, individual pages or modules as you'd like. No attribution necessary. We hope you find these resources helpful!
- Login to your Libguides admin interface
- Click on "Create New Guide"
- Select "Use a guide from another institution as a template"
- Enter the URL of this guide (or the one you want to use): http://hsw.libguides.com/pregnancy-guide
- Enter the new title and description you want to use for your guide - i.e. you might call it "Animals Guide" instead of "HowStuffWorks Animals Guide". (feel free to keep the description that comes with the guide if you want or change it)
- Click on "Create New Guide" button
- Click "ok" to the alert message that it will be emailing us to let us know you are using the guide (we don't mind)
- Your new guide is created and the guide has been copied over to your system. You can now enhance the guide with your own local content, modules, pages, etc. or feel free to move around, rename or delete any of the pages, modules, etc. you need to.
- Green Living Guide
Whether you want to know more about building sustainable communities to exploring alternative fuels and energy conservation or simply "go organic" at home - you'll find the resources you need to start living green.
- Recipes Guide
Recipes provide you with the ingredients and the simple, step-by-step directions for making some of your favorite dishes, as well as some you have never tried before. Also find Cuisine and Holiday Recipes as well as special recipes for kids.
- How to Cook / Cooking 101 Guide
How to Cook outlines the basics you need to know in order to be efficient in the kitchen. Learn answers to some of the most common cooking questions with step-by-step how-to guides and videos.